The trees are starting to bud and bloom here in Tennessee.
It definitely put me in the mood to get my mantel decorated for Spring!
I decided to get a little “artsy” with it (as I always do) and make these…
Tin Can Flowers
I used Tin Snips to cut the cans up and manipulated the pedals with my needle nose pliers.
DO NOT do this without gloves… it WILL cut you!
I hammered holes in them, cut some fabric circles and hammered upholstery tacks in for the center.
Now… onto the whole mantel…
I added some real azalea branches…
may have to switch out with new ones as they begin to wilt.
I was able to use my little sweater birds from Christmas for my spring mantel.
I added some real nests (with painted eggs) that I collected last year.
And… the painted pots are from last year’s Summer Mantel.
It’s very bright and cheery in the living room now…
*** Happy Spring Everyone! ***